January 23, 2006

This is the worst day of the year!

Kennicott Copper Mine, © Janelle Meraz Hooper

1-23-06-I hate football, but I adore magic shows, and yesterday was pure magic. Our Seattle Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl! For years, I’ve maintained that it should be illegal to have that much grass without a home plate. But even I, a diehard baseball fan, loved watching that game! They won over the Panthers 34-14, That’s a good score, isn’t it? I think it is…I’m not a detail person (that’s why I write novels).

Republic of Georgia- Those poor people. Here it is the dead of winter and Russia has blown up its natural gas pipeline, leaving them with no heating oil or gas. We’re short on money right now, but maybe we could send them some of our politicians…

Worst day- A British psychologist has determined that this is the worst day of the year…he has invented a formula that has variables such as weather, debt, salary, time since Christmas, time since failure, and on and on. I’m a writer, and my failures (rejections) are many, so I stopped reading the article when I got to that part of the equation. I’ll just take his word for it.

Bedbugs- They’re back, they say. This would be a good one to blame on Osama. New York is calling for a bedbug task force. Now there’s a political committee people will be fighting—to stay off!
Mad cow- I see Canada has another mad cow. We'll blame this one on Osama too. Since we can't catch him , we might as well get some use out of him...

Quote du jour:
“The chairs are not pretty if they’re empty.” New Orleans restaurateur after Katrina.

No comments: