February 25, 2006

After finding a whippet...

© Janelle Meraz Hooper
3-03-06-Just a quick note. I've been asked about some of the photos and watercolors that head up the posts on my site. I've decided to run an experiment: any watercolor or photo on my site can be purchased for a $5.00 donation. I'll donate all funds to a local charity--most likely our local food bank. Photos will be emailed--you can use them for any non-commercial project. Please mail checks to: Janelle Meraz Hooper, 6902-96th St. East, Puyallup, WA 98371
Questions? phone: 253-845-5793
I'm working on a way to showcase all the photos on a site of their own...it'll take awhile!
Thanks, Janelle
1-25-06-The above is a small section of a watercolor that I did during my mother’s visit some years ago. The whole picture is hanging above my bed table.
Vivi-The last I heard, Vivi is still missing and they’ve called in psychics. Don’t laugh! There’s a lot we don’t know about the universe. If they succeed in finding the lost whippet, let’s see if they can find bin Laden. After finding a whippet, finding a rat should be easy…
bin Laden- Seriously, Ole bin has done so much damage to East-West relations. So many people I know were beginning to reach out to Muslims, willing to give them a chance. Years and years of brainwashing by our governments were beginning to fail. All that is gone now. We’re back where we started. How sad.
Muslims- Speaking of Muslims, why is it that none of us knew that it was forbidden to draw pictures of Muhammad? Why didn’t someone tell us? Of course, I’d be more sympathetic if they didn’t hang our leaders in effigy every weekend, and burn our flag whenever they wanted to get on TV, but still, it would have been nice to know. I can remember my teachers teaching us about other cultures, but nothing about Muslims. Did they think we'd never meet one?
One more question- So why are Muslims condemning the US for the cartoons when we had nothing to do with it?! Their capacity for hatred is obviously greater than their capacity for spiritual peace.
On my bed table- Leap of Faith, by Queen Noor.
Whatcha Readin’? CF in Oklahoma City is reading Dorothy Garlock’s A Place Called Rainwater. The setting is in an Oklahoma oil town close to Tulsa.
Are the rest of you still reading The De Vinci Code? You're killin' me! The movie comes out next week, you know.
Sick leave- I’ve been sick. I’ll try to do better this week. (;


Quote du jour:
"Drinking makes some husbands see double and feel single." unknown

No comments: