February 03, 2006

Just another rock collection...

Montana pickup, © Janelle Meraz Hooper

2-03-06-I found this old pickup tramping through the woods. Maybe it was stolen years ago and stripped, I don’t know.

Writing-I’ve had a request to say something about writing…
Writer’s tip-Use your camera as a scrapbook. Your family may wonder why you took some of the pictures they see, but you’ll know. In Alaska once, I took a picture of a child’s box of rocks that he was selling. The sign was so cute. The picture is lost, a victim of poor organization, but the memory of it still plays in my mind. Did I buy a rock? Of course I did! I’ve always loved rocks and that box of rocks brought back memories of my childhood. Back then, I used to sell seashells and geodes. Well, I didn’t really sell very many, but I tried! I like to tell my husband that my jewelry is just another rock collection. He would prefer that I rekindle my interest in geodes!

Book excerpt-
“The sky overhead was ultramarine blue and held in place by a sparkling brooch of blazing sun. Below, a canopy of apple leaves was so thick and lush that the apples hanging profusely underneath looked as if only the denseness of the leaves kept them from being able to float up into the hot, dry air.”
A Perfect Slice of Wenatchee, from Free Pecan Pie and Other Chick Stories by Janelle Meraz Hooper

On my bed table-A History of Russia by Nicholas V. Riasanovsky, I’ve always been interested in Russia. At one time, I tried to go on an archaeological dig in Russia. It didn’t work out (I couldn't pass the physical), and I felt very cheated!


Quote du jour:
“It’s easy to know where your heart has been,
but how can you know where it’s going?” –Kate Rockwell,
Mush On And Smile, Val Dumond & Babe Lehrer

No comments: