September 06, 2008

I'm done with the GOP

Janelle with a good read

Now that both political conventions are over, life can return to a more near normal pace. I like to listen to everyone, and I found this year's Republican Convention entertaining. However, in the end, it all sifted down to the same old crap.

Change? What change? They just offered more of the same:

More war,

More division

More backwards, redneck philosophy against sex education

More lies

And I am sick of hearing about McCain's POW experience. Shame on him. I would expect him of all people to stand up and protest the treatment of the POWs we're holding in Gitmo, and in the other torture camps we fly prisoners around to all over the world where there are no laws against torture. What have you done for our nation, lately, John? whatever it is, please stop! I don't trust your judgement.

But I'm wasting our time. Truth is, I will never, never. vote for the GOP again. I was done, even before he let it slip that he was in favor of the draft.

I was done--even before we invaded a sovereign nation.

I was done--even before Bush refused to talk to our enemy, preferring intimidation to reason.

I was done--even before the GOP employed scare tactics to win elections.

Oh, I could go on and on. But why bother? Let's cut to the chase: There are 12-year-olds in my neighborhood who will be old enough for McCain's draft in a few years. There's not one of them I'm willing to sacrifice for the arrogance and glory of the GOP. Not one. It is my wish that if John McCain goes to that cave in Afghanistan, looking for Bin Laden, he'll go there alone...and that he'll be carrying a sleeping bag.

Quote du jour:
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: