June 30, 2006

We can do this!

7-01-06-Pictures still won't load. I must be doing something wrong. It wouldn't be my first mistake! There was that one back in '77...
6-30-06-Pictures won't post today--maybe Google is trying to tell me something! I'll try again later.
Where have I been?-Writing! I'm close to completing Custer, and I also made some editing promises. You're not buying it, huh? All right. I've been playing! It's summer already!
Alaska Airlines and Red Bull-I try make it a policy not to question other people’s business decisions, but how smart is this?! Alaska has announced that they’re going to offer Red Bull, a high-energy drink, on their flights. Just what we need: a bunch of over-stressed passengers, possibly afraid of flying, strapped into a big metal machine thousands of feet in the air—hyped up on Red Bull….have mercy!
Word of the day- Honu (Japanese), turtle
Custer and His Naked Ladies- Still working on it. I’ll be posting bits of it soon. Stay tuned!
French email pal-still working on it. This was a New Year’s resolution, and it is challenging. I have the email pal, but have yet to start. So much to do, so much to do!
An Inconvenient Truth-Al Gore is leading the way. We can do this! Let’s get to it! Years ago, I became aware of the pollution problem and tried to attack it in my small way. I encouraged recycling (unpopular at the time), gardened organically (this made me the butt of many jokes, but my beliefs have been proven), made an effort to pick business and medical choices closer to home so that I'd burn less fuel, etc. There are so many things that we have no control over, it feels good to have an impact somewhere.

In the mail- As I writer, I love and honor all language. The Comanche Language and Preservation Committee has a dictionary out that is terrific. It has Comanche to English and English to Comanche sections. Price $34.00 that includes shipping and handling. They also have other language materials in a varied price range, some come with a CD to help with pronunciation. Contact them:
Comanche language and Cultural Preservation Committee
P. O. Box 3610
Lawton, OK 73502-3610

Quote du jour:
"A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: "Duh." --Conan O'Brien

No comments: