June 04, 2006

"She doesn't deadhead her roses."

© 2006 Dick Hooper

6-04-06-the above photo was taken by my husband at the Point Defiance Garden Show yesterday. It’s digital. I took some photos with my Nikon, and I should have them back sometime before Christmas—that’s Christmas, 2007. Why do I buy those rolls of film that have enough shots to document an elephant’s birth from conception to birth? It was probably on sale. The last roll that I took out of the camera has been misplaced. After spending two years in my state-of-the-art toy, it is now lost. Augh!!!

As I writer, I love and honor all languages. The Comanche Language and Preservation Committee has a dictionary out that is terrific. It has Comanche to English and English to Comanche sections. Price $34.00 which includes shipping and handling. They also have other language materials in a varied price range, some come with a CD to help with pronunciation. Contact them:
Comanche language and Cultural Preservation Committee
P. O. Box 3610
Lawton, OK 73502-3610
(You know, of course, that I can’t direct readers to other people’s websites from here…)

Quote du jour:
“She doesn’t deadhead her roses,” Mickey whispered, accusingly. Custer and His Naked Ladies, a novel by Janelle Meraz Hooper, unpublished

No comments: