June 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bob!

Bob in Italy at 10-years-old
6-08-06-Happy birthday, Cousin Bob! Bob is the cousin I grew up with in Oklahoma in the 50's. He was the inspiration for Carlos in As Brown As I Want, The Indianhead Diaries. I don't know how old he is today (we have a don't ask, don't tell policy), but here, he was ten. He was in Italy courtesy of the U.S. Army, that had stationed his father in Europe.

I remember many stories of Bob, but I won't relate them here--that's your present, dear cousin! And I still have that photograph of you with our grandmother--with you picking your nose, so don't mess with me!

Quote du jour:
"You don't know about me, without you have read a book by the name of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer," but that ain't no matter. That book was made by Mr. Mark Twain, and he told the truth, mainly. There was things which he stretched, but mainly, he told the truth."
Mark Twain

No comments: