October 04, 2012

The first debate between Obama and Romney

 
The keyboard is the new doorbell!

I'm aware that I have many Europeon readers. I'm sure that a lot of you are too busy to try to figure out our politics. Here's a short course from someone who is very non-political:
We have two main political parties in the United States: the Democrats and the Republicans.
The Republicans:
 I believe in the two-party system but in the last few years our Republican Party has been hijacked by factions who do not have the best interests of the people or the nation (or even the world) at heart. Conservatives rule too much of the party and force their views on religion, economics, and health care on what's left of the original GOP party. I miss the old Republican party. I used to be a member.

The Democrats:
One of the factions of the Democrats is the Liberals. Republicans say we want a free ride. We want to sit around--they say--on our duffs all day while they pay for it. It's interesting that a lot of people assume I'm a Democrat/Liberal because I'm disabled and thus much want as much free stuff from the government as I can get. Actually, I am not poor. I make a very good income. I'm just willing to share the riches of this great country with those less fortunate. I apologize for this unedited ramble. time is short and I have a publishing queue to meet. Maybe one of my emails from a reader will explain what happened last night (I'll try to do better next time.):

On the subject of the debate...my thoughts. What I saw, in salesmanship terms: a classic "closer" and a sincere salesman. Romney, as usual said what he thought the audience wanted him to say--lies and exagerations included--to close the "deal". Obama, realizing that, after a few tries, pointing out to Romney,clearly that he was lying, with Romney denying that he was, decided to just talk to us. To coin a repeated phrase, in talking to Romney, it is like trying to nail jello to a wall.  So which person would I prefer to lead us?!  The fast-talking, deal-closing, tell-me-anything-to close-the deal guy, or the one who is working for me to get what is best for the country. There really is no option--Obama every time.
With kind regards, Ms. Silence Nomore

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article. I've enjoyed this contribution. Its nice to see every questions answered in a blog post like this. I will add this post on my blog and link to it. Thanks for a clear informative post, I've learned a lot. I hope to see videos though as I can be A.D.D and reading articles is not my favorite thing to do online. So what I do sometimes is just print the whole thing and read offline.

Anonymous said...

You need to participate in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web. I'll advocate this web site!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you yet again for this amazing web-site you have designed here. It's full of ideas for those who are definitely interested in this subject, especially this very post. You're really all absolutely sweet and thoughtful of others plus reading your blog posts is a superb delight if you ask me. And what a generous gift! Ben and I are going to have fun making use of your points in what we should instead do next week. Our list is a mile long and tips might be put to good use.