March 24, 2006

He didn't say which week!

© Janelle Meraz Hooper

3-24-06- Okay, we're moving into greener photo subjects. At last. I'm sick of photos of mud! Notice that I didn't show you tulips--I didn't want your eyes to go into shock!
News-If a cigarette smoker really did start that cruise ship fire, I hope they drag his/her sorry ass off that ship and beat the you-know-what out of him/her. Whoever it was put a lot of people at risk. Isn't amazing that more weren't killed?
The quote today is from a Blackhawk song. I've always loved song lyrics. Remember that TV show titled: Name That Song? I used to love that. My family could never figure out how I could know all the lyrics to the songs in Fred Astaire movies, and yet not be able to remember simple math equations. I had an uncle who felt my mother's pain. Once, he promised that he could make a math genius out of me in a week. He didn't say which week (it hasn't happened yet--still waiting!).
Duh! There’s a study out now that says kids are better off when their depressed mothers get medical help. Oh, wow. How many thousands of dollars did they get for that research?! When my daughter was a toddler, some researchers got a huge grant to study why children fell off tricycles. Good grief! Oh! And in the middle of the Adelle Davis craze, there was that doctor who announced to the press that candy was good for childrens' brains---but it turned out he worked for a chocolate factory. No lie.
On my bed table- I'm still reading Leap of Faith, Memoirs of an Unexpected Life by Queen Noor of Jordan.
On my DVD-I’ve been watching Our Puyallup, a DVD produced by my home town. It’s full of wonderful old photos and set to the tunes of the time. It’s a joy just to listen to the music!
On my TV-Keith Olbermann on MSNBC (Countdown). Like the rest of it, he’s lost patience with the Bush regime, and is hitting them pretty hard.
He’s not heavy- Are you a gardener? Are you thinking about planting an extra row for the food bank? We’re on it here, although the plan is a little late. When our neighborhood kids were small, they would have gladly given away their share of the garden's vegetables. Even strawberries lost their allure in mid-season. I used to have to run after I put a big bowl of strawberries on our neighbor's porches. Those were the days. I used to grow enough food to have four more kids. Towards the end of my gardening days, I wised up and began growing fruits and vegetables that the slugs couldn't get to, like cherries, pears, apples, berries, and tomatoes. Although we have had reports in Puyallup of slugs who climbed tomato plants, completely oblivious to the hairy stalks.
Custer Report-Spanish translations are back from my daughter. It sure is great having in-house help!

Quote du jour:
“Your blue might be gray, your less might be more, your window to the world might be your own front door...”- Blackhawk at 1996 Puyallup Fair

No comments: