January 10, 2007

The big Northwest storm

1-09-07 storm photos , the tree nextdoor after a high wind
1-09-07-So far, not much noise here from our big Northwest storm that we've been bracing for. I've heard there are about 30,000 people out of power though. They promise it'll get ugly tonight--just in time for the evening commute.

New Year's- I noticed this morning that I still have the rhinestone pin that's a big snowflake on my black purse that I put on every New Year's Eve. Here's the funny part: we never left the house! We may actually be becoming hermits, as we're just too darn comfortable at home.

Bush-Oh, dear! I hear he's about to send even more troops to Iraq. Our poor troops. Maybe the Democrats can pass a law that he can't send anyone else unless his daughters are at the top of the list.

On my TV-The decorating shows on HGTV. I am so hooked! Not only with the gorgeous, spendy decorating ideas, but their shows where they remake a room without spending any money. And they are funny too--although they don't realize it. I've actually heard them suggest that some homeowners get rid of their books to end clutter! Sometimes, they even go and buy different books just for their decorating value. I've often described my home as being decorated in Early Library, so I find this approach way past ludicrous! Get rid of a book? I'd sooner get rid of my secret chocolate stash!

On my bed table-New research on the Comanches. Actually, the research isn't new, but my Google skills have greatly improved.

Quote du jour:

Benjamin Martin: "I will not fight, and because I will not fight I will not cast a vote that will send others to fight in my stead." The Patriot, courtesy of the Quote Geek

(What a concept!)

No comments: