August 17, 2006

Happy birthday, Cousin Dan

Cousin Dan with his buffalo, 2003 JMH
8-17-06-
Happy Birthday, Cousin Dan!
Dan was a favorite of my mother's. He's a pastor, and she taught him Spanish before he went on a mission to Mexico years ago. That trip became the inspiration for a character in my new (unpublished) book, Custer and His Naked Ladies, although the story in the book is nothing like Dan's real story.
Dan and I both love local Oklahoma history, and we both love buffalo! Even better, he has a pond on his ranch that is filled with turtles! Me encanta!
His wife, Gloria, would make me an awfully good sister if we weren't so far away. Wish I could be there to eat some cake today!
Hot Moms-those who know me and know how conservative I am have been really amused by the ad Google has been running on my blog off and on lately. It reads: Hot Moms-Free to join-1000's of pictures and videos of beautiful single moms...eeek! Needless to say, I have no control over my blog's advertising. I tried to delete it, but got lost in html and was afraid I'd end up deleting the wrong thing. It'll pass on it's own. I think.
Language-Tortue (French) turtle
Do ya have your Comanche Dictionary yet?
Quote du jour:
"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead." --Johnny Carson

No comments: