September 01, 2006

I thought nothing could be better than Paris!

©2006 Janelle Meraz Hooper, family archives

9-01-06-The picture today is from my family scrapbook. The man on the far right with the big grin was my Uncle Frank. He was a musician and an artist. If only he had lived closer, I could have learned so much from him—at least in the art department. I couldn’t play a penny whistle if I paid a dime for it. I mentioned my Uncle Frank in A Three-Turtle Summer. He was the best.
School-Here, school starts next week. It always makes me sad. No kidding. Even though I have an empty nest, the sight of those book bags in the Target ad is enough to make me tear up. Where does the time go? Summer is like chocolate--there's never enough.
On my bed table-That mysterious book that I hated so much got really good about halfway through. I’m done with it now, but still won’t tell you the title since I treated it so rotten and rough when I started reading it. Even so, I have to take away points because it took the author so long to develop the plot and characters. I was beginning to think I’d have to send her my email address so she could let me know when she finally figured it out.
On my DVD player-I’m still hooked on Rick Steve’s travel tapes. The one I’m watching now is on Germany. It’s interesting because an Amsterdam friend just came back from Berlin and said she liked it better than Paris!
On my Yahoo!-Don’t you just love the Internet? I’ve been reading newspapers from all over the world. Guess what?! Not everyone loves us, no matter what President Bush says.
Custer and His Naked Ladies-I’m about to wrap it up. I’m already a quarter of the way into my next novel that is set in the Northwest. So far, it's working title is Ralph. The one after that is a romance and I’m calling it Pool because that’s what I’m going to do with the money if I ever sell it.
Language- SchildrÖte, turtle (German) I know the o is too big, but it's the best Ole Trigger here can do...
The New Comanche Dictionary- Have ya read it yet?
Quote du jour:
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." Drew Carey

No comments: