February 26, 2008

Custer and the Fremont Troll

© 2008 Janelle Meraz Hooper, The Fremont Troll under the Aurora Bridge

Out and about- Recently, I took Custer to visit the Fremont Troll that lives under the Aurora Bridge in Fremont, Washington. Fremont is north of Seattle and has a huge pocket of creative people who have moved there to avoid all the suits in Seattle. It's a great place to spend the day!

Today, I'm just hanging around, waiting for the last Democratic Presidential Debate. To keep busy, I'm packing books and getting them ready to mail. I'm too distracted to work on my newest novel. Maybe I could at least figure out a title.

At the same time, I've been thinkin': Why is it our new presidents go in looking like Matthew McConaughey and come out four years later looking like Yoda? The job gets tougher every year. I've mentioned this before and have been told that no president would give up any of his power to a vice-president. It's just too politically dangerous. But maybe its time we made better and more use of the vice-president. Of course, none of this applies to Cheney. The less of him, the better (I don't mean it, I'm just kidding around). Seriously, with the mess the new president is going to be stuck with, maybe they should give double-teaming some thought.

Custer and His Naked Ladies- It's doing well. There are several links to order your copy from the publisher or Internet book sites on my http://www.janellemerazhooper.com/ website. You can also read sample chapters of my novels there. I'm grateful for the support I've had in the research and permissions departments that have made Custer and His Naked Ladies so special to me:

Tantara Records (http://www.tantararecords.com/ ; email: info@TantaraRecords.com ) for permission to use the beautiful song, Go My Son.

The Comanche Nation (http://www.comanchenation.com/ ) for their help with the Comanche Language.

The Terrapin Institute (http://www.terrapininstitute.org/ ), for information on turtles.

Quote du jour:

"An artist is never poor." Babette's Feast




No comments: