November 30, 2005

Off to jail!

11-30-05
I thought I should post a note to say goodbye, because I'm sure the Picasa Police will be by to pick me up any moment. My troubles started when I tried to install Hello to transfer pictures on my blog. Somehow, I may have ended up with two copies on my site, but I'm not sure enough to delete one of them--I have hours of work on this problem! Of course, the conditions contract I signed says this is forbidden. If they knew me, they'd know I haven't a criminal bone in my body. I'm just severely tech-challenged.

I see that our FCC chief, Kevin Martin, says we need to make sure our children aren't seeing content unfit for a minor. He even suggests that we should be able to choose what's in our program bundles! Woozer! At last, some sanity! If I went into a store to buy a pair of shoes, and the salesman said that the only way I could buy them was if I also bought a hat and handbag too, wouldn't that be illegal? Why then, can the cable stations tell me I can only buy one channel, say-- the decorating channel, if I also purchase 6 other channels that I have no interest in. How do they get away with this stuff?

Cannabalism?- The news just gets worse: Apparently, the makers of video games are now adding graphic scenes of cannabalism! Have mercy! I haven't played these games myself--remember, I'm the one who can't move a photo from my personal file to my profile--but I have no doubt that it's true, because Senator Joe Lieberman (democrat), says it is. The head of theInteractive Entertainment Merchants Association says these games are clearly not for children. They're M-rated, not intended for children under the age of 17. So, we're giving these games to young adults right about the time they can handle guns. Brilliant! A few mentally unbalanced 17'ers might be sent over the edge with this material. What are they thinking? Has greed gone that far?
In case your TV is out, and the neighbor's dog ran away with your paper, I'm going to list these games to avoid from a list printed in the Tacoma News Tribune. They're identified as being especially violent:
"Far Cry"
"F.E.A.R."
"The Warriors"
"Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse" (Oh, pu---leeeze!)
"True Crime: New York City"
"Blitz: The League"
"Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories"
"God of War"
"Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil"
"Urban Reign"
"Conker: Live and Reloaded"
"Resident Evil 4"
The Associated Press
For the full story, see your newspaper. Mine is The Tacoma News Tribune (Notice, I mentioned The Tacoma News Tribune twice (now three times). I don't want The Gods of Hearst angry with me.)


Quote du jour:
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost.” JRR Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

No comments: